20.3.07

The science of life...

Well, I think that's why we all come here. Why the landscapes and the region hold such an attraction for people from the West. I started with the yeti. I was desperate to find it, to prove that it existed. But then gradually the creature ceased to be a physical mistery and became instead a symbol of the unknown, an image that alowed me to tie together things that were known and things I merely sensed. That's why I turned to conservation. We all need a place on Earth to hide the wild parts of ourselves. With land preserved, each generation can search again for the yeti and discover the science of life, which is ecology, and participate in the art of science violated, wich is magic. In the end, what we discover is a greater sense of who we are and a knowledge that what we are is just what is.


No hay comentarios.: